Thursday, August 30, 2012

Today I was privileged enough to attend one of the few open Committee meetings of the ASC - the technical committee. I was surrounded by many people who have made many amazing films and amazing technical advances in our craft. It was really neat to see so many people who share my love of art and technology, and many were drawn to investigate the BMCC and I talked at length with several members who were curious about this cool new tool. Fun was had by all. Enjoy my snaps here - all taken with the Tokina 11-16. Mostly at f2.8.

Need I remind you that all of the DNG's coming out of the camera in a "normal" non-DP-lit environment look pretty heinous. Open them in the editor of your choice and enjoy tweaking them! In situations like this I like to use a lot of recovery in the highlights (like bare bulbs) bring up the fill, find a point that just touches black to your taste, and oh yeah - the first and most important thing - find a white balance point that gives you "white" where white should be.

Best!

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment